Sunday, February 14, 2010

T-1 (February 12, 2010) – The very first blog

I would like to start out by saying “Thank You!” to so many people who have been important in this journey.

First, to our families. You have been fantastic in your support and encouragement through out all the trials and tribulations. And I appreciate the sacrifice for my in-laws as they move into the house with Alex and the dogs while we are gone on the first trip.

Second, to my awesome friends. You have both laughed and cried with me as our family worked through the decisions along the way.

Next, to the greatest team on earth at the office. To those who have so willingly stepped up to cover for both Robert and I while we are gone. Especially Malena and John. You will never know how much I appreciate your efforts, without you we would not be able to be gone as long as required. And Janel, thank you for understanding that this is something I was supposed to do.

And last but not least to David at AFOI and all the families that have gone before us. Without your advice (and patience) David, I’m just not sure where we’d be. To all the families that wrote blogs, I have learned so much from all of you. I feel very comfortable at this point because of the knowledge you shared. And also a big Thank You! to the families that carried letters and gifts over for our guy.

Enough mush. Off to finish packing.

No comments: