Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 5 - Part I - Moving on...

The cloud cover has lifted and it is a beautiful sunny day.

The head coordinator on this side has been traveling in one of the regions with another family so we have only talked with him on the phone.  I was lucky enough to have met him last summer in California when I went to pick V up and bring him back to Wisconsin.  He traveled home last night and came to the flat about 8:30 this morning with the accountant guy.  It was very nice to see him again and bills are all paid in full.  Great feeling!

He reviewed the process from here on out with us, mainly information we already knew (Thank you David and prior families!).  They are still deciding which of the coordinators will travel to the region with us, we will know later this afternoon.  Also, we will be picked up a few minutes before 3:00 so we can arrive at the SDA promptly at 4:00 to receive our referral.  From there, we go straight to the train station.  We leave tonight for V's region. We will arrive in the capital of his region in the morning and then drive the 2+ hours to his town.

From there we will see the local social worker, called inspectors here.  We will get further information on V at that point.  I am hopeful we will be able to see him late tomorrow afternoon.  If not, then the day after.

One of the other families from our program is at the orphanage now and they were able to snap 2 pictures for us.  This is the first we have seen of V in many months. The orphanage director/associate director will go to find the child and then bring them downstairs to a common room.  Then whoever is there can visit with them/snap photo's/etc.  In the first picture we opened he looked downright crabby.  I've seen that look before on little boys!  Not sure if he was disappointed that it wasn't us who was there to see him or perhaps that they didn't come bearing gifts??  The second photo was better, a small smile!

I am not sure what the internet situation will be in the V's town.  We will get set up for sure, just might take a few days.  I will document our afternoon/evening as it happens and will post as soon as I can along with any other days missed.

After the coordinator left, I was again sitting in the kitchen watching the people go by. Saw the lady in the white hat and her dog again.  And I was thinking how nice it looked outside.  But hmmm, windy perhaps as the tree below me was moving.  But as I looked around, only this tree was moving.  I leaned forward and looked down.  Sure enough, climbing trees is universal!

1 comment:

Tami G. said...

Lots of well wishes as you continue with your travels and progress on this journey!