We waited for the head coordinator to join us as he was at the SDA filing a dossier for another family from our group (I heard it went well R!). As soon as he appeared, we headed for the train station. We grabbed a quick bite to eat at the McDonalds (yes I know, don’t say it...but it was the only thing at the train station!! And the head coordinator chose it, not me!!!). After eating, the head coordinator and the coordinator we just met went across to the station to buy tickets, they came back to McDonalds for us and then we boarded the train. Within about 10 minutes we were off. That was about 7:15 p.m. or so. Here is the inside of our compartment.
I don’t sleep well on airplanes and I found out that the same applies to trains! I read my book until about 11 and then I saw many hours on the clock thereafter. I figure I fell asleep after 2. And I was up about every hour thereafter as the train pulled in and out of stations. Robert slept fine. Imagine that...
I have another photo of Robert and me in our little compartment but after a night on the train, we really aren’t looking all that spiffy so I think I’ll spare both you and me the embarrassment!
Since I wasn’t sleeping, I thought a lot about what a trip this has been from a logistical standpoint. Bringing Alex on the trip to bring V home is going to be a trip of a lifetime, for both of us. One I will treasure forever, I'll get to spend some realy quality time with Alex. It’s going to be a hard trip but I know he’ll do fine. He’ll sleep on trains and airplanes. And he’ll just have to carry me through...sure miss him...take care of my guy Gram!
1 comment:
I can't even find the right words to tell you how excited I am for you guys! The trip is exciting, the country is exciting...heck, even crappy McDonald's is exciting! :)
But most of all, what really brings tears to my eyes is the end result. You will have that dear child that your heart has ached for (and I am not just talking about this past year...)
Love you.
Post a Comment