We awoke this morning to a light dusting of snow and another day of cloud cover. In addition, I woke up with the same sore throat Robert got last week. Bummer! I was really hoping I could avoid that. Oh well...too much to ask I guess.
We ventured out for our normal 10:00 play date with V. As usual, we brought him another apple. He never seems to tire of apples! We chatted for a while and then played several rounds of Go Fish which very quickly became Go Chicken.
After our visit, we stopped at the supermarket for a few more things. I also picked up another puzzle for V as he is a huge fan of puzzles.
I took a nap and then our driver picked us up for our 3:00 visit. I brought a pear, juice box and a small sucker this time. I also brought the puzzle and we all worked that for a long time. Our driver was busy running documents around so we also had time for a couple of games of checkers against the computer. One win, one loss. While we were at the orphanage, our coordinator called from Kiev to say that our paperwork was not approved today at the SDA as we were hoping. That means that court has to be delayed. She had already made a call to the lawyer and he was checking with the judge as well as the court schedule for Tuesday and Wednesday. She called back shortly thereafter and said that we were fortunate; there was an opening for Tuesday afternoon. We still need to get our final approval though from the SDA before we can actually go to court. Hopefully it will be approved Monday. I don’t know yet if this means we have to stay an extra day past our plan or if we are still OK with our flights early Thursday morning. I will wait to see what happens next. Again, we need prayers that our approval at the SDA comes through quickly please.
Even though this is a well traveled road for our group, we were prepared for surprises. I was just really, really hoping that we wouldn’t have any. Too much to ask I guess!
1 comment:
We were "postponed" a day on the court date as well and still made our flight Saturday morning. If you get in even Wednesday morning, it can still be done.
But we'll pray for Tuesday!
PS - I LOVED the "Go chicken" story. I can just see V. losing it over that.
Post a Comment