Thursday, December 2, 2010

Through his eyes

I had forgotten how fun it is to see things through a child's eyes.  Every single day there is something new; at least one new amazing thing to marvel at.

Two weeks ago we had our first snow.  Robert was out of town so it was just me and the boys.  I had forgotten to turn off the motion detector lights on the back of the house when I let the dogs in.  Once the snow started, the lights wouldn't go off.  I didn't notice it until I was in bed and was too lazy to trot my hind end back down the stairs to turn them off.  I laid in bed and could see the snow coming down from one of the bedroom windows.  I heard Viktor get up to use the little boys room at 3:30 a.m. and the snow was REALLY coming down.  As he exited the bathroom, I called to him to look out my window.  He was so excited about the snow.  He was literally jumping up and down saying "Christmas! Christmas!"  and "Mum, Christmas coming!".  It was adorable.  This is what we woke up to once daylight arrived:


Tonight we had another new experience.  The whole concept of Santa is a new thing.  As I understand it, Ukraine's Santa Clause is 'Did Moroz' or Father Frost. Ukraine also has St. Nicholas.  So maybe the new concept is actually the concept of believing?  Anyway, tonight we watched Santa Claus is Coming to Town.  I explained to Viktor that this is a very old American tradition for me as I remember sitting in the living room in my pajamas when I was very little.  Eyes glued to the TV set. Watching all the Christmas shows.  It's a tradition we continued with Alex.  And now Viktor.

Viktor asked lots of questions like "Why is that guy so crabby mum?".  Cause he's the Burgermeister Viktor...cause he's the Burgermeister...

No comments: