The best part so far has been coming into Milan over the Alps. Beautiful, absolutely stunning in fact. Sure wish I had my camera for that. It was of course packed up in the overhead bin above me...I have a very early flight out at the end of the week so it will most likely be dark when I go over again. I promise not to pack the camera however just in case.
I am staying southwest of Milan in San Donato. It is closer to the Distribution Center where I will be for the next few days. I was surprised by the amount of green grass here yet. English seems to be not very common here. My Italian is limited to about 20 words so I decided to just stay in most of the day today. I did take a walk around the area but there wasn't much to report. Temperature this week is going to be between 22 and 45 F this week for highs. No snow as of yet.
Here is the view out of my hotel room.

There are a ton of gardens on the roof here. I can only imagine how beautiful it is in the summer. Here is a close up of the building on the right:
And at about the one third mark from the left in the first picture is the outline of an old church steeple. It's much clearer in person than it is in the photo. As darkness settled in, this is what I could see. Way cool!
Dinner tonight was Caprese (fresh tomato with buffalo mozzeralla) and seafood linguine with a glass (or two!) of Pinot Grigio. Yummy. Bet you all are jealous, eh?
Sure miss my boys. I'm sure Robert has it all under control but I hate to travel this time of the year. Yes, I agree it's really cool to see how other countries celebrate Christmas but I like to be home doing my Christmas cards, shopping, baking, etc. Good news is that I will only be gone a week. The last time I was a world traveler during the holiday season I did 5 countries in Asia between December 1 and December 21. Man I was tired!
This year is the first year with our Viktor home however so I was really looking forward to starting some new traditions. And researching some of his traditions. Talking to him however, it became very clear that he really did not do much for Christmas with his birth family. So time to start new traditions. Better luck next year I guess!
My apologies if things are spelled wrong, blogger thinks I'm writing in Italian so just about every word is coming up as misspelled. My spelling and typing are not THAT bad. Seriously...


1 comment:
I am so jealous of your beautiful trip! I mean, I never travel to places like that for work! :) BUT, I know you'd rather be at home with your family!
Thank you for your comment and blog link- it was VERY helpful and useful for us. :) We so appreciate your thoughtfulness!
Happy Holidays!!
Kari :)
Post a Comment