I posted HERE last Friday about the Ukrainian Parliamentary vote to suspend all Ukrainian adoptions until a bilateral agreement could be agreed to between the US and Ukraine. The first vote passed last week and I just heard that the second vote has in fact been scheduled. The vote is expected to take place on November 21st. If this passes, and I understand it is likely to pass, then all adoptions from Ukraine could come to a screeching halt.
Please pray for the children in the orphanages across the country. Please pray for the families in the middle of the process. And please pray for our government, we need an agreement negotiated and put in place very quickly.
My heart breaks for the kids who were hosted and know their new mamma's and pappa's are coming for them. My heart breaks for the children who won't have a chance for their picture/file to call to a family at their SDA appointment in Kiev. My heart breaks for the families who are now panicking and desperately trying to come up with plan B. Something like this was my worst fear at exactly this time last year. Thank the Lord I am not living it. Unfortunately, many others are...
No comments:
Post a Comment